Time, age, and environmental factors all take a toll on your pipes and make them susceptible to leaks. While there are ways to extend the life of your pipelines with routine maintenance and cleanings, eventually cracks and holes will occur. Fortunately, our experts at Next Level Plumbing have locating and repairing leaks down to a science and are only a phone call away from finding you a solution.
What causes leaks?
There are a variety of causes for a leaky pipeline. Here are some of the most common:
- Age: If your pipeline is older, it is more likely to have a leak. Use and time will ultimately corrode your lines and cause cracks.
- Tree root invasion: The smallest crack in your line can turn into a major leak if you have a tree root invasion. This intrusion occurs when a tree root begins growing inside of your line, expanding the crack and causing a clog.
- Clogged lines: Serious clogs in your pipelines can cause backups and bursting.
- Excessive water pressure: Your pipes are strong, but if they are under too much water pressure they may strain your pipes and cause leaks.
Pipe leaks are a nuisance, and slab leaks can be even more frustrating to deal with. These types of leaks occur when your water line is running underneath the concrete foundation of your property. Slab leaks are commonly caused by faulty installation, expansion, and contraction of concrete or internal corrosion. Our team at Next Level is experienced in slab leaks and can often provide an alternative method for floor removal and splicing by rerouting new water lines that bypass the leaking one.
Symptoms You Have a Pipe Leak
If you’re not sure you have a pipe leak, here are a few common signs it is time to call a professional:
- Unusually high water bills
- Water meter indicates you have a leak
- Mold growing on walls or floorboards
- Musty smell
- Cracks or stains on walls or ceiling
Next Level provides our thorough camera inspection service to accurately diagnose your leak. With a small, water-proof camera, our technician is able to get a detailed glimpse at the interior of your lines and pinpoint the exact location of concern. Once we have this perspective, our team is able to recommend the right repair for you.
Our hydro jetting service is a popular and efficient way to clear your pipes of clogs, tree-roots, and build up. This service is a good way to prepare your lines for repair and to perform routine maintenance. Hydro jetting is a trenchless technology that involves a pressurized water hose that we insert into your pipelines through an existing access point. Once in place, this hose will blast away anything standing in it’s way and will restore your water flow.
If you are concerned about a leak in your pipelines, our experts at Next Level are here to help diagnose and repair your pipelines quickly and affordably. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you.